Prima Cinema to Offer Films Same Day as Theatrical Release - for $20,500
6:25 AM PST 12/8/2010 by Georg Szalai
The startup company hopes to install its system in 250,000 homes within five years, and has the backing of Universal Pictures, an investor.
NEW YORK - Cable giant Comcast and others have in the past suggested that one day, movies will come into living rooms day-and-date with theatrical releases.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile