Prince William and Kate Middleton's U.S. Trip: Why KCBS Removed Big Scoop About Itinerary From Website
The Los Angeles TV station yanks a post after broadcasting the big news coup last week.
Part of being a royal is that mystery surrounds your life. Now that mystery extends to the local CBS news affiliate.
KCBS had somehow gotten hold of the itinerary for Prince William and Kate Middleton's upcoming 11-day visit to the United States and Canada. This is the royals' first official trip as a couple. Getting the details of where the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would specifically be going and what they'd be attending would be a pretty big news coup. The news was broadcast on KCBS on Thursday night.
However, following the broadcast, the information on the itinerary was posted on the station's website, which was soon taken down. What replaced it is a blank page that says, "We're sorry! This page is not available." [See image below.]
In explaining what happened, KCBS spokesperson Mike Nelson said, "The station received indications after the story aired and was published online that it potentially creates security issues, so the decision was made out of an abundance of caution to take the story off the website."
Asked who the "indications" came from. Nelson said, "I'm not going to go into the details on that one."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short