Prince William Laughs Off Accidental Insult by Canadian Singer
“I can’t believe that just happened,” said an embarrassed Meaghan Blanchard, who inadvertently called him a “douche” instead of “duke.”
TORONTO -- This is awkward: Canadian singer Meaghan Blanchard referred to Prince William as a “douche,” rather than a duke, just before performing for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as their royal tour of Canada came through Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
'I can't believe that just happened,” the red-faced singer/songwriter said after her slip of the tongue, which drew gracious laughter from the royal couple.
PEI’s Blanchard went on to sing “Waltz With You” for the visiting royals.
The 22-year-old entertainer recently took home top honors for best country recording of the year at the East Coast Music Awards for her second album, Chasin' Lonely Again.
Prince William and Kate Middleton are due in Los Angeles on July 8 for a three-day visit.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR