Irony Alert: Princess Di Movie Strikes Deal With Paparazzi Agency
Exclusive photo deal calmed potential chaos for pic starring Naomi Watts as Diana.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Naomi Watts' upcoming Princess Diana movie, about her final years under siege by celebrity photographers -- made even more relevant by Kate Middleton's topless-pictures scandal -- had its own paparazzi challenges.
They hit their peak during the film's re-creation of the royal divorcee's famous yachting romance with Dodi Fayed, played by Cas Anvar.
Knowing the shoot of Diana would be a media magnet on the open sea -- and that water work is tricky for any production -- Ecosse Films made the decision to strike an exclusive arrangement with Splash News & Picture Agency (ironic, given the subject) to give it access to the best photo angles.
Thus, they deterred most other paparazzi from bothering to hang around. "We knew we would have to deal with the situation, so we got out in front of it," the film's rep tells THR.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!