Irony Alert: Princess Di Movie Strikes Deal With Paparazzi Agency
Exclusive photo deal calmed potential chaos for pic starring Naomi Watts as Diana.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Naomi Watts' upcoming Princess Diana movie, about her final years under siege by celebrity photographers -- made even more relevant by Kate Middleton's topless-pictures scandal -- had its own paparazzi challenges.
They hit their peak during the film's re-creation of the royal divorcee's famous yachting romance with Dodi Fayed, played by Cas Anvar.
Knowing the shoot of Diana would be a media magnet on the open sea -- and that water work is tricky for any production -- Ecosse Films made the decision to strike an exclusive arrangement with Splash News & Picture Agency (ironic, given the subject) to give it access to the best photo angles.
Thus, they deterred most other paparazzi from bothering to hang around. "We knew we would have to deal with the situation, so we got out in front of it," the film's rep tells THR.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche