Produced By Conference Initial Line Up Announced
The fourth annual conference takes place June 8 to 10, hosted by Sony Studios on their lot in Culver City.
Brian Grazer, Mark Cuban, Nina Jacobson, Christopher Nolan, Michael DeLuca, Lawrence Gordon, Ted Sarandos and Michael Burns are among the speakers set for the fourth annual Produced by Conference, presented by the Producer’s Guild of America.
This year’s conference will take place from June 8 to 10 on the Sony Pictures Studio lot in Culver City. The conference, says Marshall Herskovitz, PGA president emeritus and co-chair of this year’s event, “is all about creating a community of producers, and providing them with a dynamic environment in which to share their interests, aspirations, challenges and expertise.”
There will be more than 25 conference sessions, panel discussions, mentoring roundtables, networking opportunities, social events and workshops designed to provide career tools for producers needed in today’s marketplace.
PHOTOS: Oscars 2012 Complete Winners List
“The speakers and panelists, exhibitors and sponsors all combine seamlessly to provide attendees with a ‘360 experience’ of education, inspiration and unique business opportunities,” said PBC co-chair Tracey Edmonds.
“As technology evolves,” said PBC co-chair Gary Lucchesi, “so does the role of the producer, and we’re especially pleased to complement this year’s line-up of film and television producers with outstanding leaders in the emerging digital entertainment landscape.”
“Over the years, this conference has grown and expanded to reflect our rapidly changing industries, yet it has always remained true to its original purpose: to explore and celebrate the crucial role that a producer plays in telling, shaping and sharing stories with the world,” said Rachel Klein, PBC co-chair.
Speakers announced Wednesday are:
- Andrew Adashek (Television Creative Partnerships, Twitter)
- Anthony Batt (President, Katalyst)
- Michael Burns (Vice Chairman, Lionsgate)
- Ceán Chaffin (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network, Fight Club)
- Debra Martin Chase (Just Wright, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, The Preacher's Wife)
- Mark Cuban (Owner, HDNet)
- Allen DeBevoise (Chairman and CEO, Machinima)
- Michael De Luca (Moneyball, The Social Network, 21)
- Bob DiBetteto (President and General Manager, A&E Network and BIO Channel)
- Lorenzo Di Bonaventura (Transformers films, GI Joe, Red)
- Tracey Edmonds (Jumping the Broom, Soul Food, Good Luck Chuck)
- Andy Forssell (Senior Vice President of Content, Hulu)
- Lawrence Gordon (Watchmen, Hell Boy films, Die Hard)
- Mark Gordon (2012, Saving Private Ryan, Grey's Anatomy)
- Brian Grazer (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, American Gangster)
- Sarah Green (The Tree of Life, Frida, Take Shelter)
- Grant Heslov (The Ides of March, The American, Good Night and Good Luck)
- Lynette Howell (Blue Valentine, Half Nelson, Terri)
- Nina Jacobson (The Hunger Games, One Day, Diary of a Wimpy Kid films)
- Graham King (Hugo, The Departed, The Aviator)
- Hawk Koch (Source Code, Primal Fear, Wayne's World)
- Robert Kyncl (Global Head of Content Partnerships, Google)
- Bill Lawrence (Cougar Town, Scrubs, Spin City)
- Ross Levinsohn (Executive Vice President. Americas, Yahoo!)
- Gary Lucchesi (The Lincoln Lawyer, Underworld films, Million Dollar Baby)
- Kevin McCormick (The Lucky One, Arthur, Hardball)
- Barry Mendel (Bridesmaids, Serenity, The Sixth Sense)
- Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight films, Inception, The Prestige, Memento)
- Todd Phillips (The Hangover films, Due Date, Old School)
- Ted Sarandos (Chief Content Officer, Netflix)
- Michael Shamberg (Contagion, Erin Brockovich, Pulp Fiction)
- Gary Shapiro (President and CEO, Consumer Electronics Association)
- Scott Stuber (Battleship, Safe House, Couple's Retreat)
- Emma Thomas (The Dark Knight films, Inception, The Prestige, Memento)
- Doug Wick (The Great Gatsby, Memoirs of a Geisha, Gladiator)
More participants are expected to be added.
Sponsors and exhibitors included General Motors; Sony Studios; Production Resources Group (PRG); Entertainment Partners; Pinewood Studios; Quebec Film & Television Council; Raleigh Studios; Honolulu Film Office; Cinedigm, Runge International; and Coca-Cola.