Producer Beau Flynn Returns to New Line
The “What’s Your Number” producer will focus on genre and studio films at newly-formed Flynn Picture Co.
Beau Flynn, who earlier this summer parted way with his Contrafilm partner Tripp Vinson, has set up shop at New Line with is newly-formed Flynn Picture Co.
The move brings Flynn back to New Line, which was the home of Contrafilm from 2003 to 2011, where the company made Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Rite.
Among the projects Flynn will be steering at New Line is Solace, which he will be producing with Vinson. The project was previously set up at the company with Contrafilm and is now getting reactivated; Peter Morgan just wrote a draft and the project will be out to directors in the coming weeks.
Also back on the docket is The Orphanage, the remake of the Spanish-language horror film that Guillermo del Toro is also producing.
Flynn’s focus will be on genre movies under $30 million and big concept studio movie.
The producer, who sees the Anna Faris-Chris Evans comedy What’s Your Number? open this September, is in the midst of looking to hire two development execs for the new banner, which will be based in West Hollywood.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR