Producer Colleen Bradley Bell Nominated U.S. Ambassador to Hungary
She fundraised for the president's re-election campaign and also serves as a member of the board of trustees at LACMA.
Producer Colleen Bradley Bell has been nominated by President Obama to be the U.S. ambassador to Hungary, the White House announced Wednesday.
Bell, of Bell-Phillip Television Productions, Inc., is credited as a producer on the CBS soap The Bold and the Beautiful. She also is a member of the board of trustees at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
In the lead-up to the President's re-election general campaign, a January 2012 fundraising event co-sponsored by Will Ferrell was held at the Holmby Hills home of Bell and her husband, Bradley Bell, Bold and the Beautiful co-creator and writer.
Other industry notables have been nominated to administration posts this year.
James Costos, HBO's vp global licensing and retail, consumer marketing, was nominated by the President to be the ambassador to Spain. Costos was confirmed in August 2013. Alias producer Crystal Nix-Hines was nominated as a U.S. rep for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.
The Department of State ambassador position to Hungary was previously held by Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis from January 2010 to July 2013.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR