Producer Jon Peters' Family Shopping Reality Show (Exclusive)
Bunim/Murray will produce "The Peters Sisters," which will focus on the two daughters of the former mogul and "Man of Steel" executive producer.
Are Jon Peters' daughters poised to be the next Kardashians?
Bunim/Murray Productions, the reality powerhouse behind Keeping Up With the Kardashians, is developing a docuseries based around the former mogul's daughters Skye Peters, 21, and Caleigh Peters, 23.
Titled The Peters Sisters, the series will follow the women as they move out from under the wings of their industryite parents (their mother is Christine Forsyth Peters, the ex-wife of Jon and a film producer in her own right, with credits like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days).
The premise is Skye lives with her mother and Caleigh with her father in their respective Beverly Hills homes, and the young women decide to move out and find a place of their own. Jon Peters, whose dramatic rise from hairdresser to head of Columbia Pictures has become Hollywood legend, will appear in the series, as will Christine.
Bunim/Murray's Jeff Jenkins, who serves as the executive producer on E!'s Keeping Up With the Kardashians and several of its offshoots, will executive produce The Peters Sisters alongside Jonathan Murray and Gil Goldschein. The producers have begun shooting material around Los Angeles and will take the project out to networks in the coming weeks, with a half dozen outlets being eyed.
"I met Caleigh about two years ago and was immediately struck by how attractive, witty and unique she is, and then I met Skye, who is equally beautiful but very different," says Jenkins. "Then I found out they are Hollywood royalty, and I was like, 'Oh my God, this is a reality series producer's dream.'"
Jenkins, who also is creator and executive producer of Mrs. Eastwood and Company, about Clint Eastwood's wife, sees the series as in the vein of another one of his shows, the groundbreaking The Simple Life.
As for Jon Peters' contribution, Jenkins says audiences will be surprised by how funny the Man of Steel executive producer is. "I didn't know him, but I am blown away by his on-camera charisma," Jenkins adds. "He is a brilliant comedian."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short