Producer Ray Ricord Inks Overall Deal at RelativityREAL
He'll begin shopping his slate of cable and broadcast projects and will work with CEO Tom Forman to develop films "Limitless" and "Immortals" for TV.
In its continued push into scripted, RelativityREAL has inked Ray Ricord to a multi-year producing deal.
As part of the pact, the former ABC exec will begin shopping cable and broadcast projects immediately. What’s more, he will work with chief executive Tom Forman to explore ways to develop Relativity Media’s film properties, including Limitless, Immortals and Haywire, for television.
“Ray is a rare find — both a truly talented producer and a determined entrepreneur,” said Forman in a statement.
Ricord brings with him experience from his stints at ABC, ABC Studios Disney Channel and ABC Family. Most recently, the producer, who had an overall deal with Erik Jendresen, had served as an executive producer on The American Housewife, a Melanie Griffith-Antonio Banderas project that ultimately did not move forward at Lifetime.
This marks RelativityREAL’s fifth significant overall deal in the past three years. Among the others: Jay Blumenfield and Tony Marsh (Gigolos), Wilmer Valderamma (Bugging Out) and Ashley Tisdale (Miss Advised).
“It’s great to join Tom and the rest of the team at RelativityREAL,” added Ricord. “This place has phenomenal creative energy and great support for artists. We’re going to make some amazing shows.”
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR