Producers Guilds Sets Dates for 2012 Produced By Conference
The Consumer Electronics Associations' International CES will serve as a presenting sponsor of the event, scheduled for June 8-10.
The Producers Guild of America will hold its 2012 Produced By Conference on June 8-10 at the Sony Pictures Studio lot in Culver City, Ca., the PGA announced Monday.
For the first-time, the International CES, the annual consumer electronics show which takes place in January in Las Vegas and which is produced by the Consumer Electronics Association, is supporting PBC as a presenting sponsor.
The PGA also said the 2012 PBC will not be held in association with Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) Locations Trade Show as was the case this past June. While the two groups have mutually agreed to hold separate events next year, individual international film commissions may still participate in PBC, the PGA said.
“We’re excited to partner with CES for the 2012 Produced By Conference,” PGA executive director Vance Van Petten said. “CEA does such a terrific job producing the International CES, they were a natural partner for our event. As entertainment content increasingly intersects with consumer technology, we look forward to working with CEA to elevate 2012 PBC to new heights.”
“With the success of our Entertainment Matters program at the International CES, which brings the Hollywood content community together with today’s tech standouts, it’s obvious that the Producers Guild is a great partner for us,” Karen Chupka, senior vp events and conferences, CEA, commented.
In January, 2011, CES unveiled its Entertainment Matters program, designed to highlight the content-related exhibits, conferences sessions and events, and to provide entertainment industry professionals a more curated CES experience. The Entertainment Matters program is returning for the 2012 CES, which takes place Jan. 10-13 in Las Vegas.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!