Producers Julius R. Nasso and Todd Moyer Launch Wakefield International Pictures
The company's first project will be "Squatters," which is scheduled to begin filming in L.A. in early May with Thomas Dekker starring.
Producers Julius R. Nasso and Todd Moyer have partnered to launch Wakefield International Pictures LLC, a film financing and production company. Their first project will be Squatters, which is scheduled to begin filming in L.A. in early May.
Nasso has been the producer of films such as Narc, On Deadly Ground and Sing Your Song, while Moyer has produced Barb Wire, Wing Commander and George and the Dragon. Together, their next film is The Legend of William Tell: 3D.
Directed by Martin Weisz, Squatters is set to star Thomas Dekker and Gabriella Wilde in the story of a young homeless couple who move into an empty Pacific Palisades mansion while its owners are on vacation. Complications ensue when the owners return early. Actor Justin Shilton (Little Miss Sunshine) wrote the screenplay.
Nasso, Moyer and Cordula Weisz are producing; Frankie Nasso and Jeff Kranzdorf will serve as executive producers.
“When I read Justin Shilton’s script — one of the most powerful and beautiful I’ve encountered in years — I felt we just had to make this film," said Moyer. "I’ve known director Martin Weisz for many years and we are proud to support him and these terrific lead actors in this endeavor.”
With offices in Los Angeles and New York, Wakefield plans to produce as many as four to six films per year.
Repped by Anonymous Content, Weisz has directed the features Grimm Love and The Hills Have Eyes II, as well as many music videos. He and Moyer also have the thriller Dreamt in development.
Repped by WME and the Schiff Co., Dekker recently starred in Angels Crest, Kaboom and the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. On the TV side, he has been a regular on 7th Heaven, Heroes, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Secret Circle.The ICM-repped Wilde most recently appeared in The Three Musketeers.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty