Producers Stand by Nicolas Cage After Domestic Abuse Arrest
"We know he will weather this incident well," Medallion ep Avi Lerner tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The executive producer of Medallion is standing behind Nicolas Cage, who was arrested Saturday in New Orleans, where he's filming the action flick.
"This is our fifth film with Nic Cage. He is a gifted actor and consummate professional," Avi Lerner tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
"We know he will weather this incident well," he adds. "He has our total support."
Cage was reportedly fighting with his wife, Alice, about their rental address (his two homes in the city have been foreclosed upon; recap his biggest financial issues here), when a cab driver called police on them.
When police approached them, Cage reportedly dared them to arrest him - so they did.
This isn't his first public incident in New Orleans. GQ editor in chief Jim Nelson alleges that he caused quite a scene during Mardi Gras at a local restaurant.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film