EXCLUSIVE: Programming Exec Danielle Gelber to Exit Showtime
Danielle Gelber is exiting as senior vp of original programming at Showtime.
Gelber's contract is up at the end of the month and the decision to leave was hers, say sources. She was instrumental in developing The L Word, Weeds, The Big C, and the upcoming Episodes with Matt LeBlanc.
She has been at Showtime since 2002, joining the network from Fox Broadcasting, where she was senior vp of drama series. She was elevated to her current position at Showtime in 2004 by former entertainment chief Bob Greenblatt, who will head up NBC after the Comcast-NBC Universal merger.
Gelber's departure comes several months after David Nevins joined the network as president of entertainment, replacing Greenblatt. But Gelber is said to have a good relationship with Nevins, who she worked with at Fox.
In a statement, Gelber said she has had "a remarkably fantastic time" during her years at Showtime.
"I am deeply proud to have been so intricately involved in bringing many of the network's signature series to our air, to say nothing of the amazingly rich roster of talented people from the creative community I've been privileged to work with," she added. "It's been a life and career-shaping experience for me thanks to my many valued colleagues at the network, and I'm excited and looking very forward to where this great experience will take me next."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR