Fan-Created 'Prometheus' Paper Trailer Impresses 20th Century Fox (Video)
5:42 PM PDT 6/5/2012 by Pamela McClintock
The clip, created by Los Angeles filmmaker Travis Betz, has been viewed more than 65,000 times since debuting on Youtube Monday.
A trailer for 20th Century Fox's Prometheus is making waves on the Internet -- and it wasn't even created by the studio.
our editor recommends
The trailer, posted on YouTube on Monday, replicates one of Fox's promos for the film entirely with paper and was the brainchild of Los Angeles filmmaker Travis Betz.
"This is further proof that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and that talent is everywhere," Fox executive vice president of corporate communications Chris Petrikin said.
Betz said he has made a number of short films for the Internet that are made out of paper and based on an original story, but this is his first fan film.
"Alien is one of my all time favorite films and when I saw the trailer, I got chlls. It was so visually cool and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could pull of a shot-by-shot recreation of the official trailer entirely with paper," Betz said.
His reward so far -- more than 65,000 view on YouTube by late Tuesday afternoon, a mention on the official Facebook page for Prometheus and a tweet by Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof.
Prometheus opens in theaters on June 8 in North America after rolling out in 15 markets on June 1. The film has grossed a stellar $40 million through Monday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR