Props Person Anne Sidaris-Reeves Dies at 80
She worked on such films as "The Goonies," "Edward Scissorhands" and "Father of the Bride."
Anne Sidaris-Reeves, who did prop work on such films as The Goonies, Edward Scissorhands and Father of the Bride, died Dec. 23 of lung cancer at her home in Morro Bay, Calif. She was 80.
From 1956-63, she was married to Andy Sidaris, who was Wide World of Sports' first director in 1961 and worked on the ABC anthology series for 25 years. Sidaris, who died in 2007, also was known for his "Bullets, Bombs and Babes" series of B-movies (Savage Beach, Hard Ticket to Hawaii, etc.) that were made from 1985-98.
Sidaris-Reeves often served on the staff of veteran property master Bill Petrotta. In the early '80s, she was one of the first women to gain entry into the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
In addition to Richard Donner's The Goonies (1985), she helped with the director's Maverick (1994) and worked on two films from Joel Schumacher: St. Elmo's Fire (1985) and The Lost Boys (1987). She helped implement the steampunk look for Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands (1990) and the striking wedding tableau for Charles Shyer's remake of Father of the Bride (1991).
Earlier, Sidaris-Reeves was a production assistant for Robert Altman and received a researcher credit on the director's McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971).
Sidaris-Reeves was born Aug. 15, 1933, in Englewood, N.J., and graduated from Dwight Morrow High School in 1951. She then moved with her parents to Mexico City, where her father worked for Ford Motor Co.
Survivors include her son, Christian, who served as second assistant director on many of his father's films, daughter, Stacey, brother Frank, grandchildren Hannah and Rowen, great-grandchild Mia and three nieces.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack