ProSieben signs VOD deal with Fox for maxdome
Kicks off with German VOD release of "Avatar"
COLOGNE, Germany -- European broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1 has signed a new long-term deal with 20th Century Fox to provide films for ProSieben's VOD service maxdome.
The agreement kicks off next month with the German VOD release of Fox's "Avatar." The non-exclusive deal gives maxdome VOD rights to Fox's new releases as well as the studio's back catalogue.
The Fox deal completes maxdome's major studio portfolio. The German platform already has VOD deals in place with Disney, Warner, Paramount, CBS, Sony Pictures Television International and NBC Universal.
Maxdome, a joint venture between ProSieben and United Internet, is billed as "Germany's largest online video store," with a VOD offering of more than 25,000 film and TV titles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR