ProSieben's Red Arrow Acquires Majority Stake in 'Say Yes to the Dress' Producer
Half Yard, which also produces "Diggers" and "Hillbilly Handfishin'," is the latest acquisition of the production arm of the German TV giant.
LONDON -- German TV networks giant ProSiebenSat.1 said Thursday that its TV production unit Red Arrow Entertainment has acquired a majority stake in U.S. reality TV producer Half Yard Productions.
Half Yard is the company behind TLC hit show Say Yes to the Dress and also produces Nat Geo's Diggers and Animal Planet's Hillbilly Handfishin', among other shows.
Financial terms weren't disclosed.
Half Yard, launched in 2006, will continue to be run by founders and co-CEOs Abby Greensfelder and Sean Gallagher.
Red Arrow has been acquiring production firms to broaden its reach. Its labels also include Kinetic Content, Fabrik Entertainment and Left/Right.
British TV giant ITV has made a slew of acquisitions of producers back home and in the U.S., most recently buying a majority stake in Teen Wolf producer DiGa.
Jan Frouman, group managing director at Red Arrow, said: "We continue to be bullish on the U.S. production market, but we always balance bullishness with caution and selectivity. We want the right partners with the right mindset. It didn't take us long to realize that Abby and Sean would be great additions to the group."
Said Greensfelder and Gallagher: "As we looked out at our next phase of growth, we wanted to team up with the right partner who had an entrepreneurial culture that would allow us to do what we do best and help us grow domestically and internationally. We found that perfect partner in Red Arrow."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least