ProSiebenSat.1 Renews 'The Voice' for Second Season in Germany
The swinging-chairs song show has been a local hit, though recently ratings have slipped.
COLOGNE, Germany - German broadcasting giant ProSiebenSat.1 has renewed the hit casting show The Voice of Germany for a second season after the local version of the Dutch format boosted ratings on the group's two flagship channels: Pro7 and Sat.1.
The German version of The Voice, which features a jury of local pop stars including 80s new wave diva Nena (99 Red Balloons), has scored up to 30 percent market share in the key 14-49 demographic.
Increased competition from market leader RTL in the form of the German version of Pop Idol and the local take on I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! has cut into ratings for The Voice.
Recent shows drew under 3 million viewer with a market share in 14-29 of below 20 percent.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)