ProSiebenSat.1 takes 51% of Kinetic Content
Chris Coelen's Santa Monica-based shingle
BERLIN -- Red Arrow Entertainment Group, the production arm of European broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1, has taken a 51% stake in Chris Coelen's Santa Monica-based shingle Kinetic Content.
Coelen, who oversaw shows such as "Wife Swap," "Secret Millionaire" and "The Price of Beauty" as CEO of RDF Media USA, set up Kinetic in March. Before RDF, Coelen was a partner at United Talent Agency, where his clients included Ryan Seacrest and Jessica Simpson.
Coelen took several RDF execs with him when he launched Kinetic, among them Jennifer Danska, Gerald Massimei and Katie Griffin as well as ex-BBC producer Matilda Zoltowski, part of the team that launched "Dancing With the Stars" in the U.S. Kinetic has exclusive programming ventures with U.K. nets Channel 4 and STV.
Red Arrow, launched in January, is quickly setting up an international production network to feed ProSieben's pan-European network of channels. The group has a two-year co-production agreement with Phil Gurin ("Singing Bee") to produce formats for the English-speaking market, exclusive development deals with "Deal or No Deal" co-creator Dick de Rijk and Israeli comedy writer Omri Marcus and recently acquired Belgian format specialists Sultan Sushi.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR