Psy, Bruce Springsteen Nominated for Wembley Stadium's Greatest 2013 Moment
The Killers, soccer, American football and rugby matches are also up for the annual award from the big entertainment and sports venue in London.
SEOUL – Wembley Stadium, the big sports and entertainment venue in London, said performances from Psy and Bruce Springsteen are candidates for its "greatest moment" of 2013.
The South Korean singer's "Gangnam Style" competes against stage appearances by Springsteen and big sporting events like the Champions League soccer tournament final.
Also among the 12 nominees are performances by The Killers and notable soccer matches from the English Premiere League, as well as rugby and American football matches.
The winner will take home the so-called Wembley Way Stone. Coldplay won last year's honor with a performance at the 2012 Summertime Ball, an annual concert held by British music radio station Capital FM.
YouTube star Psy appeared at the London venue for this year's Summertime Ball. He sang his viral tracks, "Gangnam Style" and "Gentleman," before an audience of over 80,000, with onlookers noting the performance was one of the most talked-about at the show.
Fans can vote online for their favorite nominee through the stadium’s official Facebook page.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least