'Gangnam Style' Star Psy, Alicia Keys to Perform at MTV European Music Awards
Pitbull and The Killers will also entertain the crowd at the annual awards show set to take place in Frankfurt in November.
LONDON – Korean pop sensation and Internet phenomenon Psy will bring his "Gangnam Style" to this year's MTV European Music Awards show in Frankfurt in November.
The global superstar will perform along three other high-profile late additions to the lineup, led by fourteen-time Grammy-winning singer/songwriter Alicia Keys.
They will be joined by rapper/producer Pitbull and The Killers on the MTV EMA stage. The lineup for the night already boasts such previously announced acts as Taylor Swift, Muse, No Doubt, Carly Rae Jepsen, fun.and Rita Ora.
Said Psy: "Since this is my first time to not only be nominated for an international award but perform in front of a worldwide audience, I am excited to give up my international virginity to the MTV EMA!"
Hosted by Heidi Klum, the 19th annual awards show will be broadcast live from Frankfurt’s Festhalle on Nov. 11 on MTV channels around the world.
"It is so good to be back" at the MTV EMAs, said Keys. "I’m crazy excited to share music from my new album Girl On Fire with the world."
Pitbull has two EMA nominations - one for best male performer and one for best song for "International Love" feat. Chris Brown.
The Killers and Psy are up for one award each. The band is nominated for best rock act, while Psy is in the running for best video for "Gangnam Style," which to date has attracted more than 527 million views on YouTube.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills