PSY & MC Hammer Remix 'Gangnam Style' at AMAs 2012 (Video)
The duo performed a mashup of the new viral sensation and the hip hop classic "2 Legit 2 Quit."
PSY, to no one's surprise, performed his international smash "Gangnam Style" at the 2012 American Music Awards, held on Sunday night (Nov. 18). But the K-Pop star had a special trick up his sleeve: midway through the performance, PSY welcomed MC Hammer onstage, and the pair performed a mash-up of "Gangnam" and the '90s rap star's hit "2 Legit 2 Quit."
As Will.i.am began introducing PSY as the night's final performance, the crowd started cheering and standing up to prepare for the "Gangnam" celebration. The Korean singer was flanked by a handful of dancers as he started singing his No. 2 hit, feverishly dancing in curiously loose-fitting pants.
Finally, PSY's Hammer pants were greeted by the actual Hammer, who danced vigorously as the "Gangnam Style" horse dance was blended into the "2 Legit 2 Quit" hand gesture. As the performance and AMAs ended, the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles exploded and watched PSY and MC Hammer panting and smiling next to each other.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR