Psy to Release First Single Since 'Gangnam Style' Friday
The South Korean YouTube sensation finished shooting the music video for “Gentleman” on Tuesday and will simultaneously release the track in 119 countries.
SEOUL -- South Korean pop star Psy will release his new song, “Gentleman,” in 119 countries around the world on Friday, his management agency announced Wednesday.
The YouTube sensation had originally planned on unveiling the follow-up to his infectious “Gangnam Style” in Korea on Friday and then the rest of the world the following day. But he reset the time to midnight Thursday (GMT +9 hours) on iTunes and local music websites to lessen confusion for fans and onlookers, said YG Entertainment.
The 35-year-old finished shooting the music video for “Gentleman” on Tuesday. It was shot in various locations around Seoul, much like “Gangnam Style,” which famously became the most watched video ever on YouTube and the first to garner over one billion views.
Earlier Psy was quoted by YG Entertainment as saying that the new song will have “a fast, exciting tempo” and be accompanied by a dance that will “be largely in a Korean style.”
He will hold a concert dubbed “Happening” at a sports stadium in western Seoul on Saturday before going on an international tour to promote the new track.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!