PTC Pressuring Producers, Advertisers to Tone Down How Teen Girls Are Portrayed on TV
Primetime series that appeal to teenagers are promoting the "sexualization" of girls at an alarming rate, the watchdog group says.
Primetime TV shows that appeal to teenagers are promoting the “sexualization” of girls at an alarming rate, including more portrayals of underage females being objectified than adults, especially for laughs, according to the Parents Television Council.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR