Publishers on Casey Anthony Book: 'Hell No'
Big-name houses claim they are "100% not interested" in a book from the woman who was cleared on charges of killing her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee.
Big-name book publishers aren't lining up to option a book by Casey Anthony, TMZ.com reports.
“We are 100% not interested. We are NOT NOT NOT interested. Simon & Schuster is not publishing, and has never intended to publish, any book by Casey Anthony, her family, or any member of her team," a rep for Simon and Schuster tells the site.
“We are planning on publishing the Prosecutor’s book who was involved in the Casey Anthony case, so we have no plans in releasing a Casey Anthony book. We’re sticking with the prosecutor," added Harper Collins, which came under fire in 2006 after it announced — and later canceling — plans to publish a book by O.J. Simpson called If I Did It.
"We have no plans on doing a book deal with Casey Anthony," said a rep for the Penguin Group.
An unnamed publisher told the site, "Hell no… it's blood money."
TMZ.com has reported that an NBC news producer has contacted literary agents saying that Anthony -- who was cleared on charges of murdering her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, earlier this year -- would do TV interviews if she had a book deal in place. A rep for NBC declined comment to The Hollywood Reporter earlier this week.
ABC News came under fire for paying Anthony $250,000 several years ago for photos and video of the crime scene. The money went to pay for Anthony's defense.
ABC is among the networks that have recently stopped paying for interviews.
- Marisa Guthrie contributed to this report.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack