Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin Arrested for Fight with Flight Attendant, Forces Emergency Landing
The altercation began when the singer was refused alcohol aboard his American Airlines flight to Los Angeles. He was taken into custody at Austin's Bergstrom International Airport.
Puddle of Mudd lead singer Wes Scantlin was arrested Tuesday after an altercation with a flight attendant. The rocker was denied alcohol aboard his American Airlines flight to Los Angeles and became incensed, according to TMZ. The flight subsequently had to make an emergency landing at Austin's Bergstrom International Airport where Scantlin was immediately taken into custody. The charge: public intoxication.
A rep for the Austin Police Department added that Scantlin, 40, could also face federal charges for interfering with a flight crew.
Scantlin, whose band saw a top 5 hit in 2002 with the song "Blurry," had another run-in with police back in July when he pled guilty to cocaine possession. Under a judge’s order, Scantlin was told his record would be cleared in 18 months if he was able to stay out of trouble. His arrest today, however, could mean that Scantlin will face prison time for violating the previous agreement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR