Judge Issues Bench Warrant for Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin (Report)
The rocker failed to show up in court to give a progress report in his cocaine possession case.
Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin's legal woes continue.
A judge has issued a bench warrant for his arrest after he failed to appear in court Thursday to give a progress report in his cocaine possession case, TMZ reported. It's not the first bench warrant for Scantlin in the case.
Scantlin pleaded guilty to cocaine possession in 2012 but struck a deal with prosecutors that kept him out of jail. Instead he was sentenced to complete a drug counseling program and keep the court apprised of his progress.
The warrant follows the rocker's arrest in July after allegedly vandalizing his neighbor's property. He reportedly took a buzz saw to his neighbor's patio and a sledgehammer to a cinder block wall between the two properties.
Following that arrest, Scantlin told The Hollywood Reporter that the patio is technically his, as it was built, he claimed, as an encroachment on his property about two years ago.
According to Scantlin, the property's previous owner built a patio while he was away on tour with his band. The construction, he said, damaged his patio and a large outdoor staircase on the side of his home.
"To make a long story short, [they thought] 'OK, dumb rock star is gonna be gone on tour. Dumb rock star is probably going to come home and not notice,' " Scantlin, who says he was raised in the construction business, tells THR. "But I noticed because I can't get to my patio now. They destroyed 35 feet of my staircase, put up walls and boundaries and completely destroyed and vandalized my wall."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!