'Puss in Boots' Opening a Week Earlier on Oct. 28
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount want to give the animated pic more room before a flood of family films open over Thanksgiving.
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount have moved up the release of animated family film Puss in Boots by one week, from Nov. 4 to Oct. 28.
The relocation to Halloween weekend gives Puss in Boots more breathing room before a crush of family pics debut around the Thanksgiving holiday.
Directed by Chris Miller, the Shrek spin-off is an origins pic about the popular feline voiced by Antonio Banderas. In March, the movie was one of the biggest hits of theater owners trade show CinemaCon, where footage was shown for the first time.
Puss in Boots doesn't have to worry about serious competition in its new date (just as it didn't in its old). The other films opening on Oct. 28 are Sony's Anonymous, Fox's In Time, FilmDistrict's The Rum Diaries and Universal's Johnny English Reborn.
Puss in Boots' voice cast also includes Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Bob Thornton and Amy Sedaris. Tom Wheeler penned the screenplay basd on a story by Brian Lynch, Will Davies and Tom Wheeler. Andrew Adamson and Guillermo del Toro executive produced, while Joe M. Aguilar and Latifa Ouaou produced.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother