'Puss in Boots' Opening a Week Earlier on Oct. 28
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount want to give the animated pic more room before a flood of family films open over Thanksgiving.
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount have moved up the release of animated family film Puss in Boots by one week, from Nov. 4 to Oct. 28.
The relocation to Halloween weekend gives Puss in Boots more breathing room before a crush of family pics debut around the Thanksgiving holiday.
Directed by Chris Miller, the Shrek spin-off is an origins pic about the popular feline voiced by Antonio Banderas. In March, the movie was one of the biggest hits of theater owners trade show CinemaCon, where footage was shown for the first time.
Puss in Boots doesn't have to worry about serious competition in its new date (just as it didn't in its old). The other films opening on Oct. 28 are Sony's Anonymous, Fox's In Time, FilmDistrict's The Rum Diaries and Universal's Johnny English Reborn.
Puss in Boots' voice cast also includes Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Bob Thornton and Amy Sedaris. Tom Wheeler penned the screenplay basd on a story by Brian Lynch, Will Davies and Tom Wheeler. Andrew Adamson and Guillermo del Toro executive produced, while Joe M. Aguilar and Latifa Ouaou produced.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10