'Puss in Boots' Opening a Week Earlier on Oct. 28
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount want to give the animated pic more room before a flood of family films open over Thanksgiving.
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount have moved up the release of animated family film Puss in Boots by one week, from Nov. 4 to Oct. 28.
The relocation to Halloween weekend gives Puss in Boots more breathing room before a crush of family pics debut around the Thanksgiving holiday.
Directed by Chris Miller, the Shrek spin-off is an origins pic about the popular feline voiced by Antonio Banderas. In March, the movie was one of the biggest hits of theater owners trade show CinemaCon, where footage was shown for the first time.
Puss in Boots doesn't have to worry about serious competition in its new date (just as it didn't in its old). The other films opening on Oct. 28 are Sony's Anonymous, Fox's In Time, FilmDistrict's The Rum Diaries and Universal's Johnny English Reborn.
Puss in Boots' voice cast also includes Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Bob Thornton and Amy Sedaris. Tom Wheeler penned the screenplay basd on a story by Brian Lynch, Will Davies and Tom Wheeler. Andrew Adamson and Guillermo del Toro executive produced, while Joe M. Aguilar and Latifa Ouaou produced.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama