Q&A: 'CMT's Next Superstar' Judge Matt Serletic
The veteran producer and former head of Virgin Records talks about finalists Steven Lawson and Matt Mason and how it felt to tell eight others they've been dropped. Says Serletic: "It's not something I relish, but it's part of being an executive in the music industry."
The newest inductee to the ever-growing talent show club is cable TV’s fledgling CMT’s Next Superstar, which combines Top Chef-like challenges (playing for troops returning from Afghanistan, having to win over rowdy bar patrons) with the kind of tear-jerking, heel-kicking performances that come straight out of the American Idol rulebook.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR