Q&A: Danny Elfman
"My constant worry is that I'll run out of ideas." So far, not a chance, as composer Danny Elfman, winner of the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter Maestro Award, scores eight films in 2012 alone.
Composer Danny Elfman has won a Grammy and an Emmy and earned four Oscar nominations with almost 80 film scores. On Oct. 25 at the W Hotel in Hollywood, THR film critic Todd McCarthy will present Elfman, 59, with the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter Maestro Award, previously won by Alan Menken, Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer and Marvin Hamlisch. McCarthy will host a Q&A with Elfman and Sacha Gervasi, director of the Elfman-scored Hitchcock, due out in November. THR asked Elfman to reflect on his 27-year career and his biggest year, 2012.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR