Q&A: Jimmy Kimmel
"I will cry like a baby and soil myself." That's Jimmy Kimmel's vow if his nominated show wins. Meanwhile, the host of the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, airing Sunday, Sept. 23, pulls no punches about breast aids ("those chicken cutlets"), the upfronts ("a four-day parade of bullshit") and what gives him shame.
Earlier this year, Jimmy Kimmel roasted President Obama at the White House Correspondents dinner. Now, as Emmys host, he'll get his shot at Hollywood. Here, Kimmel -- whose ABC late-night show, Jimmy Kimmel Live, is nominated for its first time in the variety series category -- talks about hosting advice from Garry Shandling, the key to a good (and bad!) awards-show acceptance speech and two things he'll do if JKL wins the Emmy.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR