Q&A: Richard Pena
After 25 years, Richard Pena is turning over the reins as he reflects on his tenure and recalls his favorite memories.
After 25 years as program director of the Film Society of Lincoln Center and head of the selection committee of its annual New York Film Festival, Richard Pena, 58, is stepping down, having left his mark on the country's preeminent festival, which kicks off its 50th edition Sept. 28. (He'll continue to be involved at the Film Society, designing a new educational initiative while teaching at Columbia University.) First, though, he reflects on how the fest has changed and recalls some of the moments he'll never forget in a chat with THR chief film critic Todd McCarthy, a member of the festival's selection committee.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR