Queen Latifah, Charles Murray Sell Female Cop Project to CBS (Exclusive)
The "Criminal Minds" producer will pen the female-lead procedural set in Philadelphia.
CBS has nabbed a police procedural from the Queen.
The network has made a script deal for an untitled cop show from Queen Latifah. The project, about a street savvy Philadelphia woman who realizes her calling as a homicide detective after a defining moment, hails from Flavor Unit Entertainment and CBS Studios.
Charles Murray (V, Castle, Criminal Minds) will pen and executive produce the drama, with Latifah (Single Ladies, Let's Stay Together) set to executive produce through her production banner Flavor Unit Entertainment. Flavor Unit's Shakim Compere and Shelby Stone along with production company Rocklin/Faust's Nicole Rocklin, Blye Faust and Renata Adamidov are attached as executive producers.
If it ultimately makes it to air, the project will join other Latifah-produced entries, including VH1's Single Ladies and BET's Let's Stay Together. Latifah is also prepping a daytime talk show with Sony Pictures Television.
Murray, who is writing and directing indie drama Things Never Said, is repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and Morris-Yorn; Latifah is repped by WME and Eisenberg, Tanchum & Levy.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR