Queen Latifah Mocks the Super Bowl's Biggest Commercials (Video)
From Doritos to the E-Trade baby, the talk show host takes on the top ads in her hilarious parody video.
Football fans will get a double dose of Queen Latifah during the run-up to Sunday's Super Bowl XLVIII.
Not only is the singer-actress performing "America the Beautiful" before the game on Feb. 2, she also stars in a hilarious "Big Game" parody that pokes fun at some of the most popular -- and expensive -- commercials aired during the game.
Donning a black cop suit and aviator sunglasses, Latifah opens her mock ad by pulling off a motorcycle helmet and flicking her hair dramatically while a breathtaking desert landscape spreads out behind her.
"Sexier than Go Daddy... Manlier than Clint Eastwood," announces the scrolling text.
"Hey, halftime in America, make my day," challenges Latifah as the camera spins back to her, now wearing a short grey wig and imitating Dirty Harry.
The clip then goes on to promise to be "Tastier than Doritos … cuter than E-Trade baby. "I lost everything in municipal bonds," laments infant Queen.
Next up for the knocking is Dos Equis' "Most Interesting Man in the Universe" line of commercials. "It is the most interesting mug in the world, stay thirsty for Latifah, my friends," she says, while sipping from an oversized coffee cup.
While not actually airing during the Super Bowl like many of the products that she makes fun of, the skit was shot for Thursday's episode of The Queen Latifah Show. Dubbed her "Super Bowl Blowout," Friday's show will feature guest Zooey Deschanel and musical star Jon Pardi, with the Sony lot being transformed into a bowling alley.
The real halftime show features Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers performing at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
Before they take to the stage, Latifah -- who is fresh off marrying 33 couples live on stage at the Grammys on Sunday -- will sing to the crowd and the expected audience of over a million viewers.
The Super Bowl kicks off at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, live on Fox.
See Queen Latifah's "Big Game" commercial below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws