Queens of the Stone Age Ding Miley Cyrus in Barclays Performance Announcement
The rockers promise to turn the Brooklyn venue into a "(relatively) twerk-free-zone" during their Dec. 14 show.
While the world may be slow to forget Miley Cyrus' headline-grabbing Video Music Awards performance, Queens of the Stone Age are apparently aiming to give Brooklyn a new show to remember.
In an announcement promoting their Dec. 14 show at the Barclays Center, where on Sunday Cyrus danced suggestively with a foam finger, the rockers poke fun at the 20-year-old's racy spectacle.
"On December 14 Brooklyn, New York's Barclays Center will be designated as a (relatively) twerk-free-zone as QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE will play its debut headline engagement at the arena, restricting teddy bears to the merch table and returning guitars, drums and other such live instruments to the Barclays stage."
The band released a new album -- …Like Clockwork, their first in six years -- in June, earning them their first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200. Earlier this month, QOTSA gave a rousing send-off to Los Angeles' Gibson Amphitheater, which will soon close to make way for Universal Studios' Harry Potter attraction.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR