Quentin Tarantino's Friars Roast postponed
Organization cites death of Sally Menke
NEW YORK - A planned Friars Club Roast of Quentin Tarantino, scheduled for Friday here, has been postponed due to the death of Sally Menke.
The longtime editor, collaborator and close friend of Tarantino's was found dead early Tuesday morning. The 56-year-old Oscar-nominated film editor had gone hiking.
Friars Club executive director Michael Gyure in a statement expressed his organization's "deep sadness for Mr. Tarantino’s loss."
Tarantino met with executives of the Friars Club here Tuesday, "and it was immediately decided, out of respect for the sad loss, to postpone the Roast," a Friars spokesman told The Hollywood Reporter.
A new date for the roast, which was scheduled to feature Samuel L. Jackson as roast master, will be announced in the coming weeks, the Friars said. According to the Friars Club Website, expected attendees included Uma Thurman, Rosario Dawson, Sarah Silverman, Patricia Arquette, Harvey Keitel, Neve Campbell, Christopher Walken, Kurt Russell and many more.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother