The Quiet Mystery of Shonda Rhimes
Six years ago, she remade ABC's primetime with "Grey's Anatomy." Now, the network's most prolific (and reclusive) showrunner opens up about the private practice behind her expanding and evolving drama empire.
OK, so they told you I only have one hour, right?" It's a Thursday afternoon in early spring, and Shonda Rhimes has no time for pleasantries as she leans against the wall outside her office door in the headquarters of her production company, Shondaland.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake
- A Christmas Gift For You: A Conversation with Phil Spector & The Crystals' La La Brooks, Chatting with The Piano Guys, Plus Pink Martini and Sydney York Exclusives
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Thursday, Dec. 12
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'Get Up, Stand Up' Recap: They Love Each Other!