Rachel Griffiths, Kathy Baker Join 'Saving Mr. Banks'
The movie about the making of "Mary Poppins," starring Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, begins shooting Wednesday.
Rachel Griffiths and Kathy Baker have signed on to Saving Mr. Banks, Disney’s film on the making of Mary Poppins which began shooting in Los Angeles Wednesday.
Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson star in the drama, which tells the story of how Walt Disney (Hanks) spent 14 years courting P.L. Travers (Thompson), the Australian author of Mary Poppins, to adapt her books about the magical nanny for the big screen.
The cast includes Colin Farrell as Travers’ father, British actress Ruth Wilson as his wife, and newcomer Annie Buckley as a young Travers. Also on the call sheet are Bradley Whitford, Jason Schwartzman, B.J. Novak and Paul Giamatti.
Griffiths plays Travers’ aunt, who serves as the model for Poppins, while Griffiths will play one of Disney’s associates.
John Lee Hancock is directing and Kelly Marcel wrote the screenplay.
Shooting locations include Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney Studios. Shooting is expected to wrap by Thanksgiving.
Griffiths is best known for starring on TV’s Brothers & Sisters and Six Feet Under. She is repped by WME, Markham, Froggatt & Irwin and Signpost Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR