Rachel McAdams joining Woody Allen film
Actress will star opposite Owen Wilson, Marion Cotillard
Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to star opposite Owen Wilson and Marion Cotillard in Woody Allen's untitled movie scheduled to shoot in the summer.
As with most Allen movies, plot details are being kept under wraps, though the setting for the ensemble is France. Spain's Mediapro is financing and plans to sell the movie in Cannes.
McAdams' boarding comes on the heels of Allen's latest movie, the London-set "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger," being acquired by Sony Pictures Classics. "Stranger" also was financed by Mediapro.
McAdams is coming off the success of "Sherlock Holmes" and has on her docket Terrence Malick's untitled movie project, in which she will co-star with Christian Bale, Javier Bardem and Olga Kurylenko. The movie shoots this year.
The actress, repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment, next appears with Harrison Ford in the J.J. Abrams-produced "Morning Glory," which Paramount releases Oct. 28.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!