Rachel McAdams to Star in Working Title's 'About Time' (Exclusive)
Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to star in About Time, the latest romantic comedy from British filmmaker Richard Curtis.
Curtis, who wrote and directed Love Actually and penned Bridget Jones’s Diary, wrote the About Time script and is directing. The story is described as a fantastical feel-good movie about a man and his ability to travel back in time. He eventually meets the girl of his dreams. Domhnall Gleeson, son of actor Brendan Gleeson, will play the male lead. Bill Nighy, Tom Hollander, Margot Robbie, Lydia Wilson and Vanessa Kirby are set to co-star.
McAdams would play the dream girl, a role Zooey Deschanel had once been attached to play. Production is set to begin in London in June. Working Title’s Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin and Amelia Granger are producing.
McAdams is coming off a starring turn in The Vow, the romantic drama with Channing Tatum that grossed a whopping $183 million worldwide on a budget of only $30 million. After she shoots About Time, McAdams will make Most Wanted Man, a thriller that Anton Corbijn is attached to direct. That movie has a tentative September start date.
She next will appear in theaters in Terrence Malick’s untitled latest project, whose all-star cast also includes Ben Affleck, Javier Bardem and Rachel Weisz.
McAdams is repped by UTA, Magnolia Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR