Rachel Nichols Top-Lines Canadian Female Police Procedural 'Continuum'
The "Criminal Mind' star plays a futuristic cop trapped in present-day Vancouver, and chasing ruthless criminals with a sidekick detective played by Victor Webster.
TORONTO - Rachel Nichols has taken the lead in the Canadian futuristic cop drama Continuum, by director Jon Cassar (24, The Kennedys) and indie Reunion Pictures.
Nichols, who played Ashley Seaver in the sixth season of Criminal Minds, is to play Keira Cameron, a cop from the year 2077 who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver, and searching for ruthless criminals from the future.
The female police procedural, now shooting in Vancouver, also stars Victor Webster as Cameron’s detective partner, and Stephen Lobo, Roger Cross, Lexa Doig, Omari Newton and Terry Chen (Combat Hospital).
The series will air in Canada on Showcase and be shopped worldwide by GK-TV.
Continuum, based on the Out of Time pilot directed by Cassar, was created by Simon Barry, who shares executive producer credits with Jeff King, Tom Rowe and Patrick Williams.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR