Radio Disney Music Awards Set 2014 Date and First Performers
Rapper Becky G, Fifth Harmony and R5 will take the stage for the April 26 awards show.
The Radio Disney Music Awards has set a date and the first performers.
This year's awards show will take place Saturday, April 26, at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Live, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Disney Channel will broadcast the awards show as a one-hour special the following day, Sunday, April 27, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Rapper Becky G, who will also perform, helped announced the news Thursday via a YouTube video and on the Radio Disney morning show. (Watch the video below.)
Additional performers at the ceremony include girl group and former The X Factor finalists Fifth Harmony and pop-rock band R5. The headliner and additional acts will be announced later.
As a lead-up to the awards show, Disney has set a seven-city tour, On the Road to the RDMAs, which will feature up-and-coming recording artists and stars. It will kick off Feb. 22 in Orlando, before hitting five more cities before culminating in a pre-show in front of the Nokia Theatre on awards day.
Tickets for the awards show are on sale via AXS.com starting Thursday.
The fan-voted awards show includes categories like best female artist, best group, "fiercest fans" and others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws