Radiohead's Johny Greenwood to Score 'We Need to Talk About Kevin' (Berlin)
Greenwood last composed Paul Thomas Anderson's 'There Will Be Blood,' which won the Ivor Novello Award.
BERLIN -- Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood is tuning up the score for Lynne Ramsay's We Need To Talk About Kevin, starring Tilda Swinton.
Greenwood previously composed the score for Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood, which won the Ivor Novello Award for best original film score and the soundtrack to Tran Anh Hung's upcoming Norwegian Wood.
Greenwood is tasked with writing a score for Ramsay's adaptation of Lionel Shriver's novel of the same name, which tells the story of a smart, educated New York mother who does her best to raise a son she never wanted. He turns out to be extremely difficult and is at the center of the woman's marital breakdown before going on a killing spree at his high school with a crossbow.
Cast also includes John C. Reilly and Ezra Miller.
Directed by Ramsay (Ratcatcher, Morvern Callar) and produced by Independent's Luc Roeg (Mr Nice, Spider) and Jennifer Fox (Michael Clayton, The Informant), the project was developed by BBC Films, the pubcasters filmmaking arm and is currently in post-production.
Independent is hawking the movie to international buyers and Artificial Eye has U.K. distribution duties.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR