Rainmaker hires new prez from Lucasfilm
Canadian digital studio hires Catherine Winder
TORONTO -- Canadian digital studio Rainmaker Entertainment on Tuesday said it has hired former Lucasfilm Animation executive producer Catherine Winder (" Star Wars: The Clone Wars") as president.
Winder, who most recently set up the Lucasfilm Animation studio and consulted for Rainmaker, arrives at the Vancouver-based animation studio along with Kim Dent Wilder as senior vp of production and operations, and Tara Kemes as manager of talent development.
Winder will be charged with developing original family content at Rainmaker, formerly Mainframe Entertainment, and expanding its fee-for-work business with U.S. producers.
First out of the pipeline from Winder is the original short feature cartoon "Luna," created by in-house producer Luke Carroll and directed by Jon Mead. The project is set for production this summer.
Jennifer Twiner McCarron will continue at Rainmaker as vp of production, overseeing day-to-day production of animated movies, DVDs, games and TV series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram