Ralph Fiennes, Catherine Breillat and Alfonso Cuaron Lined Up for London Film Festival Events
The filmmakers will be on hand as part of a slew of special events during this year's shindig.
LONDON -- Ralph Fiennes, Catherine Breillat and Alfonso Cuaron are among the movie makers lined up to take part in special events during the 57th BFI London Film Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
Screen Talks with filmmakers Hirokazu Kore-eda, Breillat and Fiennes are scheduled as part of this year's event lineup, and there are master classes promised with director Cuaron and VFX supervisor Tim Webber, cinematographer Barry Ackroyd and composer Clint Mansell.
Talks will include a BFI-hosted panel celebrating U.K. filmmaking under the banner "British Cinema – Homegrown and All Grown Up" and a talk entitled "William Faulkner: Film Noir and Nobel Prizes" from Film London and British Film Commission chief executive Adrian Wootton, prompted by James Franco’s As I Lay Dying.
The latest additions to the festival, which runs Oct. 9 through Oct. 20, join a previously announced sitdown with artist Stan Douglas and a special performance by British composer Michael Nyman.
Fiennes (The Invisible Woman), Breillat (Abuse of Weakness), Curaon (Gravity) and Kore-eda (Like Father, Like Son) all have their latest work in the BFI LFF lineup.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR