Ralph Fiennes in Talks for Wes Anderson's 'Grand Budapest Hotel'
Angela Lansbury and Johnny Depp have dropped out of the project due to various reasons.
Ralph Fiennes is in negotiations to join the cast of Wes Anderson’s latest project, The Grand Budapest Hotel, THR has confirmed
Anderson is once again collaborating with Scott Rudin and Steven Rales of Indian Paintbrush. Jeremy Dawson is also producing.
And as per usual, the filmmaker is being secretive about the plot and roles.
The movie is due to shoot mid-January in European locales.
Angela Landsbury is no longer doing the movie, due to commitments to a stage version of Driving Miss Daisy. The project also lost Johnny Depp due to timing issues.
But Jude Law, and frequent Anderson cohorts Bill Murray and Owen Wilson are in the cast.
The light tone of Hotel is a change of pace for Fiennes, who is playing the villain in the upcoming James Bond film Skyfall and is known for his serious dramatic roles.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!