NYFW: 5 Things to Know About Ralph Lauren's Show
Insta playback of designer's #FW16 collection.
Ralph Lauren presented his fall 2016 collection on Thursday and here, we give you an insider's look at what happened during the show.
1. Karlie Kloss opened the show. She wore the first in a series of taupe cashmere looks all with a relaxed yet tailored vibe.
2. Sienna Miller was seated front-row between Vogue’s Anna Wintour and the Lauren family — Ricky, David and Lauren Bush Lauren. Miller was rocking a cool, haphazard braid, proving that everyone — even those with short bobbed haircuts — can pull off the braid trend happening on the runway at NYFW.
3. There were a handful of pretty velvet looks for evening and red carpet including a matte velvet tunic cocktail dress with dramatic pleated ruffles. The matte velvet gowns came in rich jewel tones — pleated ruby, cut-out sapphire and strapless amethyst as well one sleek and minimalistic open-back black dress with a gold halter neckline that we could totally see Miller wearing — Miller’s stylist Kate Young was also at the show.
4. An impressive display of red roses (way too many to count) in the entry hall at Soho’s Skylight Clarkson Square had show-goers such as Derek Blasberg stopping to snap a quick photo for social media.
5. Ralph Lauren, who stepped down after 48 years from his post as chief executive of the company last September, took the final bow and true to form stopped to steal a quick kiss on the cheek from his wife, Ricky.