Rhea of Light: When Rhea Perlman arrived without husband Danny DeVito at the 30th anniversary Cheers reunion Oct. 6 at Bouchon in Beverly Hills, party insiders say there was no indication the couple's split would make national news two days later. "Nobody was buzzing," says one guest. "We had no clue. She was upbeat and bubbly and chipper." The event, which brought together most of the cast, crew, producers and executives for the first time since the series went off the air, saw toasts following the screening of a 40-minute highlight reel. Kirstie Alley announced she'd just finished her tell-all book ("I have a lot of chapters on all of you guys"), George Wendt told of recurring dreams of still being on the show, and Shelley Long confessed, "It certainly has been 30 years -- because I don't look like that anymore!"
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DVDs: The Long Strange Journey Of "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman"
- Conversations with The Moody Blues' Justin Hayward and Boston's Tom Scholz, Plus Exclusives from Molina Devina, The Blues & Greys, Reputante and Radio Raheem
- Movie review: Saving Mr. Banks
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Tuesday, Dec. 10