'Rambo' assaults rental shelves
But can't take sales crown from 'National Treasure' sequel
Lionsgate's "Rambo" was the top-performing new home video release for the week ending June 1, bowing at No. 1 on the national rental chart and No. 2 on the sales chart, behind holdover "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," from Disney.
"Rambo," the belated fourth installment in the Sylvester Stallone action franchise, also topped the Blu-ray Disc sales chart for the week, with the new "Rambo Trilogy," also from Lionsgate, debuting at No. 3. "Treasure," which came in at No. 1 the previous week, slipped to No. 2.
On the overall sales chart, from Nielsen VideoScan First Alert, action once again dominated. "Treasure" and "Rambo" were followed by "The Adventures of Indiana Jones" trilogy, from Paramount, at No. 3 and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" at No. 4.
Rounding out the First Alert top 5 was the Fox comedy "27 Dresses," starring Katherine Heigl.
In rental stores, "Rambo" generated an estimated $8.6 million, or 20% of its theatrical gross of $42.8 million, to take the top spot on Home Media Magazine's rental chart for the week.
"Treasure," the top renter the previous week, generated an additional $7.2 million to capture the No. 2 spot, while the Anchor Bay comedy "Mad Money" exhibited strong staying power to come in at No. 3 with $5 million, even though it's been out for three weeks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR