Random House Inks Autobiography Deal With British TV Legend David Jason
The small screen star of "Only Fools And Horses" and "Jack Frost" will pen the book which will be published in the fall of 2014.
LONDON – Publishing giant Random House Group, part of German media giant Bertelsmann, has inked a deal to publish David Jason's autobiography, one of the U.K.'s best-loved actors.
A familiar face to television viewers in a career that began in the 1960s, Jason's autobiography promises to tell the inside story of how the youngest son of a Billingsgate market porter went on to become one of the most beloved actors of modern times.
The deal was struck between Ben Dunn, publishing director of Century and Nick Canham and Meg Poole at agents' The Richard Stone Partnership.
Financial details are being kept under wraps.
Jason said: "Over the past 50 years I have had the fortunate experience of working with some of the finest actors and writers in the world. This book will be an opportunity for me to share the journey through my life and career with the people who have been most generous with their support and kindness – the great British public."
Born in 1940 Jason began his TV career in 1964 with a role in soap opera Crossroads.
His resume includes stints alongside Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin on TV sketch comedy series Do Not Adjust Your Set before going on to turns in iconic British comedy shows including Open All Hours and Porridge, both also starring Ronnie Barker beforestarring as Derek 'Del-Boy' Trotter in Only Fools and Horses, created by the late Briitsh comedy tv writing tsar John Sullivan, a series that ran between 1981 and 2003.
In 1992, Jason moved to ITV to star as detective inspector Jack Frost, in a role that would continue for 16 years.
Century, an imprint of Random House, will publish in hardback in the fall of 2014 with an Arrow paperback edition scheduled for the following year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!